Explore Oman – 04 days 03 nights package
- Day 1: Muscat – Jabal Akhdar
- Day 2: Jabel Akhdar – Wahiba Sands
- Day 3: Wahiba Sands – Sur –muscat
- Day 4: Departure from Muscat
- Explore the wonders of Nizwa & Jabal Akhdar
- Treat yourself to an adventure of a lifetime at Wahiba Sands Tour
- Explore the coastal beauty of Sur
- Take a peek into Muscat’s past and present
Tour Package Inclusions
- Accommodation on a double sharing basis in leading category rooms in the mentioned hotels or similar.
- Meal Plan as per the chart.
- Transfers & excursion services using AC vehicle as mentioned in the above chart.
- All sightseeing tours/excursions as per the program mentioned above.
- Rates include entrances to all the monuments & forts as per the program.
- Services of English-speaking Chauffeur as per the program.
Tour Package Exclusions
- Camera fees & activity charges other than those listed in the itinerary inclusions.
- Expenses of personal nature such as porterage, laundry, telephones, tipping etc.
- International/Domestic flight charges and Visa/Insurance charges, if any.
- Any other items not covered under inclusions.
- Any meet/greet and lounge access on arrival (Supplement quoted above).
(Validity – 30th Nov – 3 rd Dec 2023)
Per Person Rates In USD
|UNIT||NET PER PERSON RATES IN (USD)|
|Cost based on 02 pax on double sharing basis||USD 1,182 per person|
|Cost based on 03 pax on Triple sharing basis||USD 1028 per person|
|Cost based on 04 pax on 2 units of double sharing basis||USD 891 per person|
|Additional Supplement Extra Child Supplement (4.99 years to 11.99 years)||USD 119 per person|
|Additional Supplement Single Room Supplement||USD 385 per person|
|CITY NAME||Accommodation||No. of nights or dates|
|Jabal Akhdar||dusitD2 Naseem Resort – Studio Room – Half Board Basis||01|
|Wahiba Sands||Arabian Night Resorts – Premier Canyon View – Half Board Basis||01|
|Muscat||Aloft Muscat Hotel – Aloft King Room – Half Board Basis||01|
Please note: Rooms are always subject to availability.
Meals & Transport
|Day 01||N/A||At hotel||4WD|
|Day 02||N/A||At hotel||4WD|
|Day 03||N/A||At hotel||4WD|
|Day 04||N/A||N/A||Saloon Car / 4WD|
Rates not valid during 21st Dec to 03rd Jan 2024 and other black out dates
Payment And Cancellation Policies
- 50% – On Confirmation of Tour
- 50% – 30 Days Prior to Arrival
- Between 45 – 30 days Prior to Arrival 50% of the total cost of the tour
- Between 29-15 Days to Arrival 25% of the total cost of the tour
- Within 14 days to Arrival 100% of the total cost of the tour
- Alcohol: Non-Muslims are permitted to bring in two liters of alcohol by air only. Alcohol should not be consumed in public places apart from licensed premises, such as hotels & restaurants. It is illegal to carry liquor in your car. In addition, the police take a serious view of traffic offenses in which alcohol is involved and fines may be imposed.
- Currency: The unit of currency is Omani Rial (RO 1 = US$ 2.63), which is divided into 1000 Baizas. Notes are available in denominations of RO 50, 20, 10, 5, 1, 1/2 Rial, 250, 200 and 100 Baizas. Coins are also in use for units under one (1) Rial.
- Dress: Oman is a Muslim country and it is important that, as guests of the country, everyone should respect the local customs. It is recommended that women not wear strappy sundresses, miniskirts, shorts or low necked dresses in public places (e.g. offices, souks, town and shopping areas). The most suitable wear in public is shoulders covered and below knee length skirts with a top that is appropriately long (below the hip) is also acceptable. Men should wear shirts and long trousers. Shorts or beachwear should not be worn except at the beach or pool area.
- ATM Machines: Can be found at convenient locations throughout the country including the arrival hall at the Airport.
- Photography: Do not take photographs of individuals without their permission. Women in particular, do not like being photographed. It is forbidden to take pictures of military facilities, borders and airports. Observe ‘NO PHOTOGRAPHY’ signs.
- Electricity: Is 220-240 Volts at 50 cycles AC.
- Village Etiquette: Drive slowly through villages to avoid raising too much dust. Watch out for children & animals. Be courteous to villagers – a few words of greetings or a smile is only polite. Do not go into a home without being invited. Remember certain areas of the village may be restricted to women only. This must be strictly observed.
Instructions During Ramadan
- During the holy month of Ramadan all Muslims fast from sunrise until sunset daily. The fixed hours of prayer are observed and during daylight no Muslims will eat, drink or smoke. All tourists are requested to avoid eating, drinking, or smoking in public. There will be designated areas in public spaces, but if it isn’t clear, it’s best to avoid them until you get to your hotel.
- Hotel’s coffee shops remain open.
- Bars / Mini bars do not serve alcohol, though it can be ordered through room service after sunset only.
- Do dress appropriately. There are already guidelines on how to dress in public, but you should be especially aware of your fashion choices during Ramadan.
- There may be some changes in the timings of forts and museums which will be communicated as per the itinerary.
Dress CodeComfortable Clothes
Day 1 Arrival
Muscat International Airport - Muscat Hotel
- Upon your arrival to Muscat, you will be greeted by our Chauffeur who will be holding a placard with your name on it. After which, you will be transferred from Muscat Airport to the picturesque Jabal Akhdar Mountains (Please note the standard check-in time is 14:00 hrs). Departing from the airport, you'll take a direct route to Jabal Akhdar via Nizwa and Jabrin.
- Begin your adventure with a visit to Nizwa Fort, a historical treasure built in the 1850s by Imam Sultan Bin Saif Al Yarubi. This remarkable fortress took approximately 12 years to construct, owing to its unique location over an underground stream. It holds immense historical significance as the central administrative seat for Nizwa’s rulers during both peaceful and turbulent times. The fort's foundations delve 30 meters (98 feet) below the ground, and its main tower stands tall at 30 meters (98 feet), featuring sturdy walls designed to withstand mortar fire. At the entrance, you'll notice two cannons that once safeguarded the city during times of conflict. Inside, you'll explore a labyrinth of rooms, narrow staircases, high-ceilinged halls, corridors, doorways, and terraces.
- Next, visit the adjacent Nizwa Souq, situated near the walls of the renowned Nizwa Fort. This vibrant marketplace boasts a blend of traditional and modern architectural elements. Over the centuries, Nizwa Souq has been home to diverse communities, making it a fascinating cultural hub.
- If your visit falls on a Friday, you'll have the unique opportunity to explore the famous Friday cattle market of Nizwa.
- Capture a memorable photo at Bahla Fort, a UNESCO World Heritage site, during a brief stop.
- Continue your journey to Jabrin Castle, a masterpiece among Oman's castles. Constructed in the late 17th century, it served as a center of Omani learning. The castle showcases exquisite Omani ceiling paintings and intricately crafted wood carvings.
- Proceed to Wadi Al Madeen, a dry riverbed, and embark on a 36-kilometer scenic drive to Jebel Al Akhdar, situated 2,000 meters above sea level. This mountain range, often referred to as the "Green Jewel" of the Al Hajjar mountains, offers a truly unique landscape within the Arabian Peninsula.
- Revel in the refreshing mountain climate and take a leisurely walk around the charming villages of Saiq, Wadi Bani Habib (known as the "village of old houses"), and Al Ain. These villages overlook a breathtaking panorama of dramatic peaks, gorges, and wadis. You'll also have the chance to witness the distillation of rose water in the homes of the villagers.
- Enjoy a delightful dinner and a peaceful overnight stay at dusitD2 Naseem Resort Jabal Akhdar in the heart of Jabal Akhdar.
Day 2 Sightseeing from Jabal Akhdar to Wahiba Sands Tour
- After breakfast, around 8:00 AM, you'll embark on a scenic drive back to Muscat, making an intriguing stop along the way. During our journey, we'll visit the charming Birkat Al Mauz, nestled at the base of Jebel Akhdar, also known as the Green Mountains. Here, you'll have the opportunity to take a leisurely stroll through lush oases and enchanting date plantations, surrounded by natural beauty.
- As we continue our picturesque drive toward Wahiba Sands, we'll make a detour upon reaching Bidiyah. This detour will lead us to the enchanting Wadi Bani Khalid, a true gem located in the Al Sharqiya region in eastern Oman. This wadi is renowned for its scattered caves and expansive pools that boast a consistent flow of water throughout the year. Wadi Bani Khalid winds its way through stunning mountainous terrain and passes by several picturesque villages.
- Our next destination is the mesmerizing Wahiba Sands, a vast expanse of undulating red and white sands and dunes that can reach heights of up to 200 meters. This desert landscape is also home to a rich diversity of flora and fauna. The ever-shifting patterns of the dunes offer a visual treat for photography enthusiasts.
- Get ready for an adrenaline-pumping experience as we engage in dune driving, providing a roller-coaster-like thrill. As the day gracefully transitions to evening, you'll be treated to a spectacular desert sunset. During the tour, you'll also have the opportunity of visiting a Bedouin house. Traditionally, Bedouins are nomadic desert inhabitants who navigate the expansive desert landscapes.
- Conclude your day with a delightful dinner and a peaceful overnight stay at the Arabian Nights Resort, nestled within the heart of Wahiba Sands.
Day 3 From Wahiba Sands to Sur, then Muscat via Coastal Route
- Begin your day with a delightful breakfast at 8:00 AM. Our journey takes us to Sur, a historic hub for boat building in Arabia. In Sur, you'll have the opportunity to visit the bustling fish jetty and a dhow factory. Continue your scenic drive towards Ras Al Jinz Turtle Reserve, where you'll check in and prepare for an unforgettable experience.
- Next, we set out on the road towards Muscat, offering enchanting views of the coastline. Along the way, we'll make a stop at Wadi Tiwi for a photo opportunity. Our coastal drive provides tantalizing glimpses of the sea, creating a picturesque backdrop.
- Our first stop is the remarkable Bimmah Sinkhole, a natural wonder located about 200 meters inland. This sinkhole is filled with a unique blend of freshwater and seawater, giving it a mesmerizing turquoise hue. A large concrete staircase has been integrated into the natural surroundings, providing a safe descent to the scenic pool. Visitors can even take a refreshing swim while tiny fish give their toes a playful, non-harmful nibble.
- Continuing our journey, we visit the picturesque Wadi Arbayeen, characterized by its deep pools of water nestled among lush date palms.
- Pause at Quriyat for a photo stop. Quriyat boasts an exceptionally sturdy 19th-century fortress, recently restored to its former glory. It serves as an excellent example of the coastal defensive structures typical of Oman, with its towering ornate walls and watchtower.
- As we reach Muscat, it's time to check in at the hotel. Enjoy a restful overnight stay at Aloft Muscat.
Day 4 Departure
- Your tour starts with a drive to the Sultan Qaboos Grand Mosque, Oman's largest mosque and a top attraction in Muscat. Nestled in the western part of Muscat, the Sultan Qaboos Grand Mosque is a true gem of the city. This remarkable structure can accommodate an impressive 20,000 worshippers and showcases a blend of architectural brilliance and cultural inclusivity. Inside, you'll be awed by the magnificent decor, stunning crystal chandeliers, and some of the world's largest handmade Persian rugs.
- Please note that the Grand Mosque is open from Saturday to Thursday, from 08:00 to 11:00 hrs (last entry at 10:30 hrs). Visitors, especially ladies, should ensure they are fully covered, with headscarves and modest attire. Men should also dress conservatively, although short-sleeved shirts are acceptable. We recommend slip-on shoes for easy removal when entering the mosque.
- Afterward, we'll continue to Muttrah Souq, one of Oman's oldest markets with a history dating back two centuries. Its age has only added to its charm and allure. The market begins at a gate overlooking the Sea of Oman and Mutrah Corniche, extending to another gate in the city's old quarter, often welcoming visitors from other Omani towns and villages.
- Our next stop is a photo opportunity at the stunning Al Alam Palace, the official residence of His Majesty, the Sultan, flanked by the 16th-century Portuguese forts, Mirani and Jalali. Following that, we'll visit the National Museum, the largest museum in the Sultanate, housing a vast collection of artifacts that provide a comprehensive narrative of Oman's history. This collection beautifully captures Oman's pre-modern Islamic architecture and culture, its significant role in the region and East Africa during colonial times, and its modern economic resurgence since 1970.
- Check out from Chedi Muscat Hotel and proceed to the Muscat Airport for departure.
- Flight Details: TBA (afternoon flights recommended)