Frankincense, Beaches, and More in Salalah
Our journey begins with a picturesque drive along Ittin Road, leading us up steep mountain roads to reach a renowned attraction in Salalah – the tomb of the Prophet Job, also known as Nabi Ayub in Arabic.
This drive is not only visually stunning but also spiritually significant. Nabi Ayoub’s tomb is a must-visit site, offering not only a sacred experience but also spectacular views of the sprawling plains and mountains. During the Khareef or monsoon season, the plains undergo a magical transformation, turning lush green. This natural spectacle makes it one of the most sought-after destinations in Salalah during this time.
Our next destination is Al Mughsail Beach, celebrated for its pristine white sands and crystal-clear waters, making it the most frequented beach in Salalah. A walk towards the west end of the beach through the enchanting Al Marneef Caves leads to the famous blowholes. These natural formations in the limestone rock create a mesmerizing display as waves force water through perforations, resulting in impressive columns of water shooting high into the air.
Our journey continues as we head towards Wadi Dawkah, a route that treats us to breathtaking views. As we navigate mountain roads with numerous hairpin bends, covering a distance of around 15 to 20 kilometers, we approach Wadi Dawkah. This wadi holds UNESCO World Heritage status and is situated in an arid desert valley renowned for its Frankincense trees. These trees dot the landscape, and the frankincense harvested here is considered among the finest in the world. Along the way, we also visit a bird sanctuary, where we may spot various migratory birds during the season.
Finally, we return to your Salalah hotel, concluding this enriching Frankincense tour.
Meeting Point: Pick up from your location within Salalah
- Depart from Salalah hotel
- Start the scenic drive along Ittin Road
- Arrive at the tomb of the Prophet Job (Nabi Ayoub)
- Explore the sacred site and enjoy panoramic views
- Witness the lush green transformation during Khareef season
- Arrive at Al Mughsail Beach, known for its pristine sands
- Walk to the Al Marneef Caves and witness the blowholes
- Continue the journey towards Wadi Dawkah
- Traverse mountain roads with hairpin bends
- Reach Wadi Dawkah, a UNESCO World Heritage site
- Explore the Frankincense trees and their significance
- Visit a bird sanctuary along the way (seasonal)
- Return to Salalah hotel
- English/Arabic speaking chauffeur
- Entry tickets as per itinerary
- Pick up and Drop off
- Personal shopping
- Additional places to visit
Dress CodeWear light comfortable clothing and walking shoes and carry warm clothing for the mountain top