Top 10 things to do in Dubai
Last Updated on by Admin
Dubai is one of the most well-liked destinations for people across the world. Early this year, it even retained the title of being the best travel destination in 2023 for the second year in a row by TripAdvisor Travellers’ Choice Awards. Now if you are wondering, why Dubai a city that is synonymous with glitz and glam is so popular among tourists and holidaymakers, we are here to tell you why!
For starters, Dubai is a city that never disappoints. Dubai is a cosmopolitan city with more than 80% of its population being foreign-born. It knows how to cater to the likes and wants of those visiting Dubai from worldwide. It is well known for many things. Dubai’s state-of-the-art architecture, glitz, glamour, shopping, expansive desert vistas, stunning public and private beaches, one-of-a-kind theme parks, luxurious hotels, and record-breaking attractions are some of the many reasons why it attracts visitors all year round.
It goes without saying, that there is a plethora of things to do in Dubai and it is only natural to feel overwhelmed by the myriad number of choices available for you. But don’t worry! We are here to guide you.
Before we dive into the top 10 things to do in Dubai, here are a few things you should know about Dubai:
- It is crazy how Dubai which was a desert even 20 years ago is now one of the top places to visit in the world.
- Dubai adopted the UAE dirham as its official currency in 1973. The money exchange process is pretty safe and simple in Dubai. The Dubai Exchange Market regulates
- Islam is the official religion of the city as a result of which you can find many mosques in Dubai and the United Arab Emirates. Jumeirah Mosque in Dubai allows tourists for guided tours on the premises as well. Another must-visit mosque is Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque in Abu Dhabi. A trip to Abu Dhabi can be easily arranged from Dubai.
- Dubai has strict norms when it comes to public displays of affection. Do not kiss in Public areas. Dress modestly when visiting religious places. The same should be followed even during the Holy month of Ramadan in Dubai.
- Alcohol consumption is legal in Dubai. However, it must be consumed only at licensed places or privately.
- Dubai is one of the safest cities in the world with a low crime rate of 3.4% per hundred thousand people.
- The official language of Dubai is Arabic. However, being a multicultural hub, the English language is widely used for communication.
- The best time to visit Dubai is between November to April (Winter). However, there are plenty of “things to do in Dubai” even in summer including a visit to an indoor ski resort called ski dubai, an underwater zoo and water park, water activities like scuba diving, jet skiing, kayaking, and yacht cruise along Dubai Marina and Dubai Creek.
- Dubai has some of the best shopping malls. Infact, Dubai Mall is the largest shopping mall in the world. Every year Dubai holds Dubai Shopping Festival (DFS) which offers shopping deals and discounts like no other including entertainment and fun for families. However, the DFS is not just limited to Dubai Mall. The festival happens across both online and offline shopping malls across the city including Dubai Marina Mall.
- Dubai is home to Palm Jumeirah, the world’s largest artificial archipelago, crafted entirely from sand and rocks. Palm Jumeirah is home to luxury hotels and resorts such as Atlantis The Palm. The grandeur of the Atlantis Hotel makes it a favorite place to be for many visitors.
- Dubai Fountain show holds a world-record title for being the tallest performing fountain show.
- Commuting across the city of Dubai is a breeze. Thanks to the well connected transport network spearheaded by dubai metro. You can also choose to travel by bus, taxis, rent a car or for a unique experience, hop on a traditional water taxi called abra boats.
- Dubai Miracle Garden is the world’s largest natural flower garden.
- Now that you know the most important things about Dubai, let’s dive into the top 10 things to do in Dubai that are not to be missed!
1. Watch The Majestic Skyline Of Dubai from Burj Khalifa
Everyone knows about the Burj Khalifa, right? After all, it is the world’s tallest building. Which is why your visit to Dubai will remain incomplete without witnessing this record-breaking attraction. Located beside the very popular Dubai Mall, the largest shopping mall in the world, the Burj Khalifa, the glorious 160th floor architectural marvel stands tall in the heart of Dubai awaiting your visit.
Although visible from almost all places in Dubai, the experience of witnessing the sun-soaked views of the Dubai skyline from the observation deck located on the 124th and 125th floors of the world’s tallest building, Burj Khalifa, hits different. The thrill of taking the high-speed elevator up to the 160th floor of Burj Khalifa to enjoy the breathtaking views of the Arabian Gulf from different perspectives is truly extraordinary.
No wonder why most people visiting Dubai for the first time make sure to go to At The Top Burj Khalifa.However, since Dubai Mall is located just beside Burj Khalifa, you can also visit the Dubai Aquarium and underwater zoo and get a glimpse into the ocean life there. Afterwards, when you’re done spending time at the Burj Khalifa, witness the award-winning Dubai fountain show located at the ground floor of Dubai Mall. End your day with a delicious dinner at Dhow Cruise dinner at Dubai Creek.
Other top places from where you can cherish the beauty of Dubai’s skyline are from the Burj Al Arab Hotel, Dubai Creek corner, Ain Dubai Ferris Wheel ride, Dubai water taxis, outdoor terrace of roof top resataurants, a yact cruise along Dubai Marina, the observation deck at sky view hotel which also offers a 360 degree view of downtown Dubai to name a few.
2. Get Lost In The Enchanting World Of The Green Planet Dubai
Are you ready to discover the extraordinary in Dubai? From being a desert oasis to housing the world’s largest flower garden, Dubai is full of surprises. One such gem is The Green Planet Dubai, a biodome that transports you into a world of lush green tropical wonders. With over 3,000 plants and animals, you’ll encounter a diverse array of fascinating species. Here’s the best part: you can even experience snorkeling with piranhas! Imagine the thrill of exploring the underwater world amidst the vibrant flora and fauna. What makes Green Planet Dubai truly remarkable is the opportunity to experience the nature and climate of the tropics right here in the Arab region. Visit The Green Planet Dubai and experience the enchanting Amazon of the Middle East yourself!
Other dubai attractions that you shouldn’t miss are: the award-winning Dubai Miracle garden, Wild Wadi Water Park, Dubai Garden Glow. Though it must be noted that since Dubai Miracle Garden is the world’s largest natural flower garden.
3. Explore The Other Side Of Dubai On Old Dubai Walking Tour
Take a journey to Dubai’s past with the Old Dubai Walking Tour. Explore the historical neighbourhood of Al Fahidi neighbourhood. Witness the legacy of Dubai’s past come to life at architectural marvels like the Al Fahidi Courtyard Houses, Dubai Museum, and Ruler’s Court. Stroll through enchanting streets and immerse yourself in the vibrant atmosphere of Hindi Lane, where the Indian community’s influence on Dubai’s history shines bright. Engage with fascinating stories that have shaped the city we know today.
Experience the hustle and bustle of the souks of Dubai such as old textile souk, spice souk, and Meena Bazaar, where you’ll be surrounded by the vibrant colors of fabrics and the enticing aromas of spices. Witness the thriving trading activities that have shaped Dubai’s growth over the centuries. Towards the end of the tour, embark on a scenic boat ride from the Creek Waterfront Abra Taxi Stand to Deira. Along the way, marvel at the iconic Sheikh Saeed’s House and Heritage Village, offering a glimpse into Dubai’s rich past. To top it all off, indulge in a traditional Emirati meal at the Gold Souk, savoring the flavors of the region while reflecting on the remarkable journey through Dubai’s captivating history.
Visiting old Dubai is a must, if you want to see for yourself how seamlessly old and new coexist in Dubai.
4. Experience The Thrill Of Desert Safari
Dubai and desert adventures go hand in hand. There’s no way, you visit Dubai for the first time and leave without experiencing the excitement and fun that comes with embarking on a desert safari. Whether you choose to go for a morning desert safari, evening desert safari, heritage desert safari with a hot air balloon experience or even an overnight desert safari with BBQ and entertainment, you are bound to leave with an experience of a lifetime. Camel ride, Sandboarding, dune bashing, Quad bike rides, henna art, bon-fire watching taruna show, belly dancing are a few of the many things you can choose to experience during these exciting desert safari adventures.
5. Enjoy Snow At Dubai’s Snowy Wonderland Ski Dubai
Ever imagined snow in a desert? Sounds impossible right? Well, in Dubai, a city of endless possibilities, impossible is nothing. So, yes, you can go for skiing and snowboarding in Dubai. Escape the Dubai heat with a visit to Ski Dubai, the Middle East’s first indoor ski resort. With 5 ski runs varying in difficulty, height, and gradient, there’s something for everyone! Plus, all the gear you need is provided, including ski attire, boots, skis, and poles. And when you’re done with a run, the quad-chairlift and tow lift will take you back to the top in no time. Don’t forget to stop by the exclusive retail shop and St. Moritz and Avalanche cafés for some après-ski fun!
6. Head To The World’s Largest Frame – The Dubai Frame
In the futuristic downtown Dubai lies the prominent Dubai landmark, the world’s largest frame called The Dubai Frame. Much like Burj Khalifa and Burj Al Arab, this is another iconic landmark in United Arab Emirates from where one can enjoy breathtaking views of Dubai. This architectural masterpiece resembles a giant picture frame, providing breathtaking views of the city’s historic Bur Dubai district from the north and its modern architectural marvels from the south from the Sky deck, accessible via an electrical panoramic elevator.
7. Enjoy A Fun-filled Day at Dubai Parks & Resorts
Dubai Parks & Resorts is an integrated resort that offers a world of fun and excitement for the whole family. So if you want to maximum the most of your water park experience in Dubai, head straight to Dubai Parks & Resorts. Discover unique theme parks, thrilling water rides, and delightful dining options. From children’s attractions to themed restaurants for parents, there’s something for everyone.
They have four fantastic theme parks and water parks for you to enjoy. With over 100 incredible attractions, unique theme parks, thrilling water rides, children’s attractions to themed restaurants for parents, there’s something for everyone. Here’s a little intoroduction to about each of the water park
At MOTIONGATE™ Dubai, you can step into the world of Dreamworks, Columbia Pictures and Sony Picture Studios. Get ready for exciting rides and attractions that will leave you thrilled, no matter how old you are.
BOLLYWOOD PARKS™ Dubai is a dream come true for Bollywood fans. It’s the first theme park in the world dedicated to Bollywood. Experience the glitz and glamour of Indian cinema with thrilling rides and captivating live performances at Bollywood parks.
LEGOLAND® Dubai is perfect for families with kids aged two to 12. Explore a whole world made of LEGO bricks, where your imagination can run wild. There are interactive attractions and amazing shows that will make lasting memories.
If you love water adventures, don’t miss LEGOLAND® Water Park. Dive into a world of fun and excitement with rides and attractions for everyone. It’s a great place for the whole family to enjoy.
After all the excitement, head over to Riverland™ Dubai for some relaxation. You’ll find a variety of restaurants and shops to satisfy your cravings and shop for unique souvenirs. The best part is, access to the restaurants and stores is free!
Dubai Parks and Resorts has different ticket options to suit your needs. Whether you’re going with family, friends, or by yourself, there’s a ticket option that’s just right for you.
8. Step Into The Future At The Museum of The Future
Step into a world where imagination meets innovation at Dubai’s Museum of the Future. This extraordinary museum is not your typical museum experience. The Museum of the Future showcases the incredible work of talented designers, artists, and filmmakers who have come together to create a visionary masterpiece. With its unique blend of exhibitions, immersive theater, and themed attractions, this museum offers an unparalleled interactive experience. Explore each floor’s futuristic film-like sets and be transported to a world that blurs the line between reality and imagination.
9. Glide Along The Longest Zipline In The World At Jebel Jais
Are you an adrenaline junkie looking for a once-in-a-lifetime thrill? Then the Jebel Jais Zipline adventure is undeniably one of the top things to do in Dubai for you. Glide along the longest zipline in the world and soak in the awe-inspiring views of the majestic Jebel Jais mountain. With speeds reaching an adrenaline-pumping 120-150 kph, you’ll experience an incredible rush for approximately three minutes. As if that wasn’t enough, enjoy a momentary pause on a suspended platform with a glass-bottom deck. This unique feature offers an unforgettable sensation of floating in the air while securely anchored to the mountain.
10. Dhow Dinner Cruise At Dubai Creek
Looking for the perfect way to unwind after a day exploring Dubai? Step aboard a traditional Dhow and set sail along Dubai Creek for an enchanting evening cruise followed by a delightful dinner. Immerse yourself in the dazzling cityscape as you indulge in a delightful dinner during the 2-hour voyage. Add this to your things to do in Dubai bucket list as this is definitely an experience that cannot be missed!
Dubai offers a myriad of experiences for every type of traveler. From awe-inspiring skylines to immersive cultural tours and thrilling adventures, this city has it all. So, pack your bags and get ready to embark on an unforgettable journey in Dubai.